Bought one :-)

All Kia Niro related discussions
T552

Post by T552 »

Got a1.7D sportage. Had it 18 months from 18 months old so now 3 years.
needs mot and service so a good time to change.
carwow was a great help as a bargaining tool.
Niro 2 midnight black (No ADAP) Sept 17

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Not used it much so far. First car I've had where I don't have to push the driver's seat all the way back. Techy stuff is gradually becoming simpler. Found a slight lag in deceleration/acceleration between slowing down for a turn and putting your foot down to join traffic. Think this might be a running in problem, as the Sportage was a bit like this too. Subjectively I think all cars have an individual speed at which they tick over nicely, this is the first one I've had which likes 25mph. Overall very happy.
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate
T552

Post by T552 »

picking up Thurs 28th
Looking forward to it.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Well this week managed to start reversing whilst the engine was not on/running [was on a slope] - wondered why steering was not working! Also frequently forgetting the foot operated 'hand-brake'. I'm sure others will do much better.
Mike R
chazmeercat

Post by chazmeercat »

Picked ours up last Saturday, p/x'd our C'eed for a v2 Niro. It was the showroom car, so we didn't have to wait for it, and it's in graphite which we liked anyway, but might have preferred the blue. Only covered around 100 miles in it so far, but we love it. The boot isn't as big as we'd hoped, and whilst the pram fit in easily, it doesn't leave a great deal of room, but then I guess that's why the Sportage is offered. It's slow, and noisey if pushed over 50mph, but as a day to day car it's lovely to drive around town, very quiet engine and light stearing. Love the drivers display, and the fact you can have the Sat Nav directions on here. The main display is great, and the graphical representations of green driving and power management are great, and the green driving display with the tree lighting up keeps my right foot at sensible speeds to increase mpg. it's not an exciting car, but its comfortable, with loads of room in the back seats, and very quiet and refined. I'm not keen on the foot (hand) brake, but I'll get used to it. The reversing camera is improved over the C'eed by now also showing the direction the steering is taking you. I'm hoping Apple car play is realeased soon on Kia's, as that should work well with the large display. Loving it so far.
T552

Post by T552 »

hi chazmeercat .
Is it the car slow or you being careful with the right foot.
I am coming from a sportage 1.7. That aint fast at all.
T552

Post by T552 »

hi chazmeercat .
Is it the car slow or you being careful with the right foot.
I am coming from a sportage 1.7. That aint fast at all.
plug

Post by plug »

Got mine on Tuesday 27th September. It's a first edition but I got the garage to fit the 16" wheels of a " 1 " in the show room (for more mpg).

Driving back from the garage with a mixture of town driving and motorway I got 64 mpg (65 mph on motorway 30mph in town)

Tried it again today basically the same conditions and got 76MPG !!!

The difference today on the motorway in D at 65 mph it was in 5th gear, I put it in sport mode and put it in sixth gear.

Very happy with it overall. The footbrake takes some getting used to.

I've never had an automatic before. At junctions or traffic lights if there is a bit of a wait I put it in neutral as it strikes me this would be more mechanically sympathetic. Is this necessary?

The only thing I don't like is the luggage cover which is awkward to move and feels cheap
gimball

Post by gimball »

@plug - you shouldn't put it to neutral in intersections - the robot decouples the clutch automatically in this case.

Take a look at this video for a quick reference how to drive a DCT vehicle:
5 Things You Should Never Do In A Dual Clutch Transmission Vehicle
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

In N the engine does not charge the battery, but does charge in P. Wrestling with braking a bit still. The two engine front end takes a bit of stopping, especially downhill.
Mike R