Bought one :-)

All Kia Niro related discussions
Peddy

Post by Peddy »

I've been told 18 weeks for the blue one

jim1

Post by jim1 »

PhillipM wrote:We have just ordered a First Edition in Ocean Blue Today. Unfortunately we won't get it till mid- October, but we really liked the car after a 30 minute test-drive. Got 47 mpg without trying very hard that was a lot of stop start traffic too! Very smooth and quiet. :D

Nice one!
I think the bigger tyres reduce mpg, but I got in the 60'smpg in a 2 spec on our test drive, mix of 70, 60, and town driving with overtaking and testing the sports mode. So would expect to better that after settling down and the playing ends ;)
As my current sportage is returning a 31 mpg I'm looking forward to reducing the visits to the petrol station
PhillipM

Post by PhillipM »

jeffb wrote:Phil, did you get a good discount for the ocean blue First? I've been looking on car wow and there are c10% discounts available on the First but ocean blue is missing from the colour choice... maybe they're trying to sell the other stock colours off first to catch the new rev plate?
Yes JeffB we did! We used car wow to see how much we could get discounted. It too didn't give us a choice in the blue. We got an offer from Rochdale of £3,143 off (11.6% saving) which includes the £1000 off from test driving, for a first edition and it just happened to be in blue too! Then I went to my local dealer and went for the test drive and then we went through all the available products and then got down to the most important bit, 'the money'. I let him say what they would offer and then went ' I have already had an offer that beats that' and then they said to prove it and just showed him the carwow offer, they were shocked! He was like' I'll need to take this to my manager and see what if we can match that offer'. Behold they came back with 'yes we can match that' but any colour other than blue was a waiting of end of September and the blue was mid October.
So obviously there is money to be saved!
Hope that helped you jeffB
Let me know how you get on ;)
PhillipM

Post by PhillipM »

jim1 wrote:
PhillipM wrote:We have just ordered a First Edition in Ocean Blue Today. Unfortunately we won't get it till mid- October, but we really liked the car after a 30 minute test-drive. Got 47 mpg without trying very hard that was a lot of stop start traffic too! Very smooth and quiet. :D

Nice one!
I think the bigger tyres reduce mpg, but I got in the 60'smpg in a 2 spec on our test drive, mix of 70, 60, and town driving with overtaking and testing the sports mode. So would expect to better that after settling down and the playing ends ;)
As my current sportage is returning a 31 mpg I'm looking forward to reducing the visits to the petrol station

We also test drove a spec 2 but it was more standstill traffic in Stockport that probably didn't help to be honest, I would also expect an easy 55 mpg after a bit when we get ours. My mum remembers when she had a Honda CR-V 6 years ago only getting 26mpg then when she upgraded to a Suzuki cutting her fuel bills in half and then we hope to cut the fuel bill again even further!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Had my test drive last Thursday. Tried it over some speed humps and found it more comfortable than my KX2 Sportage. Then took it to a 1:12 hill and put my foot down to go up it. Picked up speed nicely and found it perfectly acceptable for my needs. Back to Dealership and ordered a Niro 2. Got the £1000 for the test drive and a good offer to p/ex the Sportage. Have ordered a full-size spare @ £380.

Edit: Took the test drive in a Niro 3 which has the 18" wheels. The reviews I've read say the ride is better on the 16" wheels on the 1 and 2.
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Just had a phone call from the dealer, car will be there by 23 Aug ! Only ordered on 11Aug. As it has been given a '66' plate I have to wait for it to be registered.
Mike R
PhillipM

Post by PhillipM »

Greenman wrote:Just had a phone call from the dealer, car will be there by 23 Aug ! Only ordered on 11Aug. As it has been given a '66' plate I have to wait for it to be registered.
Well aren't you a lucky one :)
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Probably was already on the containership when it was ordered. Same thing happened when I ordered the Sportage.
Mike R
jim1

Post by jim1 »

Greenman wrote:Just had a phone call from the dealer, car will be there by 23 Aug ! Only ordered on 11Aug. As it has been given a '66' plate I have to wait for it to be registered.
Fantastic news, you picked a 2 didn't you? What colour? Any extras?

Be sure to post up initial impressions after collection :-)
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Considered blue, but decided to stay with black. Ordered Williams coat paint and fabric protection, and a full-sized spare wheel. Asked about the ADAP, but was told it was a 12 week wait. Not that patient I'm afraid. Main concern now is how the low resistance tyres will cope in winter conditions.
Mike R