been and bought one

All Kia Niro related discussions
peter bunce

Post by peter bunce »

Hi,

After a couple of test drives we have just ordered a 'Temptation Red' V2 (the colour is not really red but more a light maroon) with the safety pack and a paint coat.

I had a query re the 'fading of red' - being metallic that does not now occur, and as I think it ill be outside the extra 'weather coat' should assist in keep it in good order.

The 'safety pack' has naturally to be fitted on building so there will be a delay till the middle of October or so.

It is coming to Premier Motors at Dukinfield after a (presumed) sea voyage. They gave me a good P/ex price for the Picnic, which is in good condition as they have done the servicing of it for a while now.

Now I have to get all the bits and pieces together for the Picnic!

Yours Peter.

jim1

Post by jim1 »

Might be worth checking the expected delivery date, I have a build date of my pearl white v2 with ADAP of mid October with expected delivery mid December
peter bunce

Post by peter bunce »

Thanks Jim,

I will ask them to confirm the delivery date next week.

I wonder if they have had a 'run' on them?

The expected number sold for 2016 was said to be 1000.

Hope they DO NOT use Hanjin for transport - they have gone bust according to the press!

Yours Peter
Martinb

Post by Martinb »

I too have ordered a v2 in blue with the additional pack. Also advised build in October with delivery in December.

Would love to know how many orders they have taken for the NIRO. Reckon it will be in demand, especially next 6 months with the new car tax coming in for cars registered after 1st April 2017 whereby road tax will no longer be zero.
jim1

Post by jim1 »

peter bunce wrote:Thanks Jim,

I will ask them to confirm the delivery date next week.

I wonder if they have had a 'run' on them?

The expected number sold for 2016 was said to be 1000.

Hope they DO NOT use Hanjin for transport - they have gone bust according to the press!

Yours Peter
Not sure, I think it's probably building in batches and then transport time, I ordered day before launch and seems to be same as martinb and same build time as yours. Wonder if they didn't expect the demand for ADAP. ...I've said it before, but for what little extra it costs I don't know why they didn't put it on all as standard! The ncap video shows the capability well