Range display acting strangely

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Hi. I recently topped up my 2017 Niro hybrid with 6.5 litres of petrol at 100 ‘miles to empty’ or remaining range. The fuel gauge (bars) went up, but the miles to empty/range stuck at 100.

I’ve subsequently put more petrol in and used my car and the ‘miles to empty’ started at 100 but is going up at a mile a time for around every mile I drive!

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix?

Thanks

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

You seem to have started with around 10 liters in your tank, less than quarter full, then you've added 6.5 litres (a round £tenner?), taking it just over a quarter full? I suspect you've confused the system. Fill it to the brim next time and let it sort itself out. If it doesn't, then it's a dealer fix, good luck with that.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Thanks. Thinking of doing what you suggested. The thing is, because of lower mileage due to pandemic, I've been doing the 6.5 litre top up for a while. I did read somewhere that a 6 litre minimum was required and with fuel price increases I'm topping up with less volume.
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Well, it looks like small top-ups (6-7 litres) do confuse the 'range' display. Filled up petrol tank and all is well. Thanks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post