Ambient / Mood lighting disappeared

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Rucksack52

Post by Rucksack52 »

Took delivery of HEV Niro 4 at start of July. On 28th July car downloaded update OTA. The entire software for the ambient light control has disappeared. A few other bits in the control panel has now also been greyed out and are unusable.
Local dealer has consulted kia technical but I think they would have been better off talking to local street sweeper.
They take ages to respond and so far what they have given the mechanic has been totally useless.
I have found via Internet a lot of other people worldwide is having similar problems as I have.
Anyone here in the UK having the same problems.

Ballywings

Post by Ballywings »

I thought it was just me, but i'm the same no Ambient mood lighting. I had my Niro in July and also had OTA update. Hopefully there will be another update to correct this error, just like Apple do.
Kia Niro Hybrid 4 2023 in Runway Red
Rucksack52

Post by Rucksack52 »

Kia tech are not much help with this. Local garage has been in touch with them several times. Responses from them have been useless. They have not responded now for weeks. Last thing they told my garage was find another 4 without the update and put on the update that wrecked mine so they know its their fault. Mine is the only 4 the garage has sold. So this idea is not much use.
Have you reported your fault to your dealer.
Ballywings

Post by Ballywings »

No I haven't, but now I know am not the only one with this problem I will be contacting my dealership. The more people that complain the better, then perhaps Kia will correct this error.
Rucksack52

Post by Rucksack52 »

Ballywings.
Did you report the fault to your garage? Any success with
them investigating.
I just found out my garage has done nothing in 2 months.
They haven't even got in touch with kia uk.. I did, and they weren't much use, they just brushed my complaint aside with a couldn't care less attitude.
Not very happy with the lot of them.
Ballywings

Post by Ballywings »

Yes I did report it to my dealership, but like you nothing has happen.
Ballywings

Post by Ballywings »

It's back! Got into my car and the Ambient / Mood lighting was back, went into settings and all the colours were there. Fantastic, I did miss it.
Rucksack52

Post by Rucksack52 »

Ballywings. The same happened yo me around the 8th of Dec. It lasted for a few weeks and has gone again. So don't hold out to much hope.
Ballywings

Post by Ballywings »

I just logged on to say the same thing. Ambient lighting back, then after two weeks it gone again. What's going on!
Rucksack52

Post by Rucksack52 »

My dealer eventually contacted me. Car going in next Thurs. Some new update they have got to hopefully fix it. Let you know how it goes.