Choosing Bluetooth Audio Track

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
deguy

Post by deguy »

Does anyone know how to choose what bluetooth audio track you can listen to? Mine seems to default to the last podcast listened to on the phone and I can only select next or previous track. Obviously what I'd like to be able to do would be to see all the albums on my phone (or at least the folder structure which is by artist then album).
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic

Deleted User 440

Post by Deleted User 440 »

After connecting it you can select and start any audio track on your phone. From then on you can skip to previous/next track via the car audio system. I don't know if it is possible to transfer the whole folder structure to the cars audio (I have not seen that yet) but it will certainly require that the bluetooth software on both ends does support this.
niroal

Post by niroal »

My Ford Kuga is the same, whereas I have a Renault Zoe & on that I can select playlists etc., so it s possible it just depends how the manufacturer sets it up
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
deguy

Post by deguy »

Yeah, the functionality I am looking for is in Bluetooth AVRCP profile version 1.6.0, which was already adopted around 3 years ago. From the functionality available in the Niro, it looks like Kia have implemented no more than version 1.3.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post