Broken door handles

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Bicepeak1

Post by Bicepeak1 »

Are any of you in the UK having this problem as in the US?

http://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/9-kia ... ndles.html

Steve

Post by Steve »

I've not heard of anything , and nothing has been posted in this forum .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
Bicepeak1

Post by Bicepeak1 »

Good to hear......thanks.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi Bicepeak1 . Intriguing question, what is occurring with door handles. The inside cable can stretch and slip off so outside handle no longer operates. It's usually the drivers of course, people jerk and snatch at it instead of pulling carefully!. If not that what?
h2onorth
Bicepeak1

Post by Bicepeak1 »

This is happening in the US with mainly the rear passenger doors. Reports say they have put no unusual pressure grabbing the door handles. They should be durable enough to withstand normal use on a new car. The handle is breaking off, not coming loose. The working parts that break are plastic.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Whoa!* Inside rear door handles braking off , quite alarming, that's a new one for cars. Will take a look at mine although usually it's children in the back who don't have too much strength. Adults in strange cars can sometimes do unexpected actions in my experience and may (careful here) be both male and female. I had a son in law (no longer) once, who always managed to shut the rear door with the seat belt buckle in the shut line and wonder why it made a strange noise
h2onorth
Bicepeak1

Post by Bicepeak1 »

I am referring to the exterior door handles when you try to open the rear door from the outside.
Did you click on the original link I posted?
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi Bicepeak1 . Oh ok, sorry up to speed now. !ets hope UK ones do not catch the same problem. I wonder if is a batch of below standard castings? Unless it's to do with getting extra hot in the sun,no problem with that over here! Had a look at mine yesterday and they are plastic , just as described. I have never really examined those outside fitments on cars before and it makes u wonder for how many years they have been plastic.
h2onorth
Bicepeak1

Post by Bicepeak1 »

I think your "bad batch" theory may be what is happening because I don't see any reports in the UK about this problem. That would be good news if this is an easy fix at the plant.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post