Niro DashCam install

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Interesting installation. Can you still replacethe fuse box cover though? I assume not?
h2onorth

Morri

Post by Morri »

Have followed explanation of running cable from reaview mirror to fuse board and was planning to use theOBD connection to pick up the 12volts but unable to find a connector which doesn’t foul the cover.
Has anyone found a suitable device?
davethesteam

Post by davethesteam »

I am about to buy a dashcam and want it installed so it is always on. Any suggestions on what fuse to use for that via a hardwiring kit.
Are any of the 'spare' fuses in the internal fuse box permanently live?
davethesteam

Post by davethesteam »

Had mine fitted at Halfords - great job (Nexbase 322) for £125 inc fitting and 32Gb SD card.
Kia item (£126) is so basic it probably won't satisfy insurers (No GPS)
Local Kia agent wanted over £150 just to fit my own - they did not get the job (£92 per hour!!!!!)
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Had my Nextbase, which I already owned, fitted by Halfords. Charged £25 and did a wonderful neat job, absolute bargain especially as it now comes on automatically when the engine is started and powers done when engine shut down. No cables showing except for around 1 inch where it comes down from the headlining to Dash cam but this is up against the rear view fitting on the windscreen so hardly shows, All other cabling neatly hiding behind the trim, you wouldn't know any cabling was there. From my point of view wouldn't hesitate using Halfords again to fit a dash cam and so much cheaper than my Kia dealer,
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
wrzoch

Post by wrzoch »

Finally installed, connected to cabin light. Powers up when I open a car, powers down when I lock a car. Used dedicated VIOFO power supply which have parking mode and cuts off power to camera when voltage drops below set threshold.

Satisfied so far.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post