Climate Control Air Filter

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

I've just had the second 20,000 mile service on my HEV. According to the handbook maintenance schedule on page 8/19, the climate control air filter (behind the glovebox, page 8/46, commonly known as the pollen filter) should have been replaced. It wasn't. When I looked at the KMUK service checklist given to me after the service, the filter isn't mentioned. So I checked with the dealer who did the service and he said "it is inspected only, and replaced if deemed necessary with customer's consent for £59.99". He showed me on the invoice for the service that they had flagged this filter up as amber, although he couldn't explain why I wasn't specifically told when I picked it up.
Anyway, I've sourced a filter for £10.99 and will fit it myself (very easy).
No explanation for the discrepancy between the handbook schedule and the KMUK checklist.
Anyone else?
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

davethetech

Post by davethetech »

the pollen filter at present is not included in the service as there are many environmental factors which can affect the degradation of the filter.
the filter is checked on every service and recommended to be changed if necessary. no point changing a good filter for another good filter. only adds to cost
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Thanks Dave, Well ok, but the same could be said about the engine air filter replacement which should be replaced at the 3rd service. I was highlighting the fact that the manual says it should be replaced, but the Kia checklist says inspect. Mine was pretty blackened, so I've changed it. That said there's no noticeable difference...!!
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post