How to stop charging from the car

Kia e-Niro which offers an all-electric, zero-emissions powertrain
David123

Post by David123 »

Hi. I have an e-Niro 4+. I charge regularly from 20 to 80%. If I need to stop charging before 80% is reached, I can stop charging with the UVO app on the phone. My question is, if for some reason the app isn't working, how can I stop the charge from within the car on the infotainment panel? I've checked all the charging page settings and can't find one to "Stop Charging". While charging, the plug is locked onto the car so can't just pull it out! Thanks, Dave

Bekus

Post by Bekus »

Press the unlock button on your key fob and you can then unplug. The cable will lock again after 10 seconds.
David123

Post by David123 »

Thanks for that, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to unplug a live cable while it is still charging. My question was, how do I stop charging from the infotainment panel?
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

I have just had my charger installed yesterday and we had to unplug it while it was charging as I had dragged the cable a bit too tightly & had to reposition the car. The installer said it was quite safe, but you should perhaps unplug from the charger (if it's untethered of course). To be on the safe side.
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post