New to Niro New to Forum

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
HEV Caversham

Post by HEV Caversham »

Hi I have just become the proud owner of a Pearlescent White Niro 2 HEV 10 months old 7000 miles ex demo model.

2 Questions
In stop-start traffic town driving

Do people use
D or N or P with Foot Brake or with Parking Brake please?

Question 2

Any tips for economical driving? I am still getting used to the car and have done all of 101 miles!

Bonus Question

Is driving to the gym to build muscle to be able to lift the heavy-duty handbook usual!! :lol:

John pell

Post by John pell »

Haha
The handbook is bigger than the bible.
If I am at traffic lights etc just the foot brake. If stuck for longer periods the parking brake. Have no tips on eco driving but MPG is not as good in these cold conditions. Best I have got is 63mpg but if I only go to the shop and back around a mile it sometimes shows 19 mpg
My19 Niro 3 Ocean Blue HEV
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

The answer to your 19mpg is simple. Walk to the shop. In winter with the engine cutting in for that short trip this is not good for the engine, the exhaust system or you! The engine does not get warm. Time to walk.

No such problem with the EV version.
🚙
John pell

Post by John pell »

I dont go to the shop very often it was an example. I have 2 border collies that are put 3 times a day I average around 20000 steps a day hope this complies with the life style you think I should be leading.
My19 Niro 3 Ocean Blue HEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post