Scheduled software updates

All Kia Niro related discussions
Sennaman

Post by Sennaman »

Hi,

Has anyone managed to do a scheduled software update rather than sit in the car for an hour doing a USB update.

Niro 4 Hybrid 2021

captainlightfoot

Post by captainlightfoot »

I received a notification from Kia that a Navigation update is available. I downloaded and installed the downloader tool and managed to download the code for MY20 and MY22 models of my e-Niro to my desktop but am unsure whether to proceed installing to the car (MY21) via USB stick. There was no MY21 code available from the download site. Any advice appreciated.
e-Niro 4+ 2021
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

This process appears to be fraught with confusing instructions. Not sure whether my 21 HEV was MY20 or 22, I searched on model number and software number taken from the current versions in the car - neither could be found. I "chatted" with a Kia advisor who was very friendly but couldn't explain why I had the software versions I had, and that the versions didn't show up in his database. I took a photograph of the screen in the car and sent it to him to prove I hadn't made any typos. A mystery! My Niro was bought in September 2021 but has the old style logo badge. He therefore advised that my car was an MY20. I'm not doing anything for now on the basis of if "it ain't broke, don’t fix it".

Sennaman, I'm not sure a scheduled update is available as it seems that the ignition has to be on so that the engine can start and recharge the 12v battery if necessary. God knows how much power it needs if it flattens the battery.

Captainlightfoot, I would surmise that you should use MY20, have you tried searching by software versions?

All seems to be a minefield.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
Malc1

Post by Malc1 »

I downloaded the MY22 software for my 2021 eniro. On attempting the update it informed me that the software was not for my vehicle. When inputting a route however, it indicates the software is put of date. It seems impossible to find out the latest version available.
Deleted User 1053

Post by Deleted User 1053 »

Did you use the model name of your AVN? Here the model name of my Niro MY20 from the update list:

KIA_220211_PDF.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post