Kia self charge hybrid - 100% battery charge

All Kia Niro related discussions
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

Hi Guy's i'm new to the forum, I've just bought a 2018 kia niro self charging hybrid , so far it's been really fun driving it !! i wanted to ask if anyone know's how i can acheive a 100% charge on the battery or close ? the battery charge always sits around 50% and i would like to see if i can improve on this.
Maybe driving on a long motorway drive ..any ideas would be much appreciated .Thanks J

Deleted User 1053

Post by Deleted User 1053 »

With the Hybrid the battery status is always around the 50%. Sometimes, if it is cold and you drive only short distances you can reach nearly 100%.
The e-motor is only to support the ICE to reduce gas, not to drive in e-mode.
My experience is, that you can drive sometimes roundabout 3 km in e-mode, mostly 1 km, overall I can drive 66% on gas an 33% on e-mode.
The HEV is NOT an e-car!
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

Hi and thanks for your reply, sure i understand it's not an E-car but just wanted to try and get the charge dial on the clock up past 50% ,I drive very small distances and usually it's mainly on electric power so clocking up around 50.54 mPG so far so i'm very happy with that !
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

My HEVs have usually fluctuated between 30-70%. Lower charge after a lot of stop-start, higher charge after coasting down long downhills. I've never reached 100% charge, the management system probably won't allow it. As Winter comes in, your engine will probably run all the time on your short journeys, trying to heat the engine and keep you warm.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post