Niro or not to niro?

All Kia Niro related discussions
Gnt64a

Post by Gnt64a »

Hi all,
I started my Kia life with a Picanto, then upgraded that for a soul.
I loved the soul but unfortunately wrote it off and now I'm looking for a new car and I'm looking at either a stonic, Xceed or a Niro.
I am new to hybrid EVs so don't know anything about them, I've got a couple of questions for you.
How long would you expect the battery to last? I'll be going for a used one as I cannot simply afford a new one.
Does the car drive on petrol engine mainly and the battery helps it along or can car run on just battery alone?

Any other info you can give me to convince me to get a Niro would be appreciated.

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Self-charging hybrids generally cosset their batteries, rarely charging above 85% and letting them fall below 15%. There are many early model 10 year old + Toyota Priuses knocking about still on their original battery so it's no concern to me. S-C Hybrids generally run on their engine mainly, helped with torque by the battery, they have no significant range on battery only. You as the driver have no control over how the car uses the battery, just enjoy the drive and let it do its own thing....
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post