Looking for an excellent used Niro HEV ?

All Kia Niro related discussions
HaxbyPete

Post by HaxbyPete »

If you're looking to get into Kia Niros's but want a used car to save money - here is an excellent opportunity for you !

https://used-uk.kia.com/used-car-details/used-kia-niro-16-gdi-first-edition-suv-ocean-blue-automatic-hybrid/id-17539/?COGDealerID=1032

This is my ex-lease car which I returned just a month ago and, after being auctioned at BCA Leeds, it was bought by the Kia dealership in Bletchley, Bucks, being offered at £20,695 for a "First Edition" 2016, with a very low mileage of only 15+k.

It is in excellent condition (I keep my cars immaculate) inside and out. It has all the bells and whistles of a level 4 spec. The only things you would get on the very latest Niro4 would be the widescreen info display and the electric handbrake. Everything else is just the same !

I am told that the First Edition models are quite rare ? I wouldn't know. But this car still has four years of the Kia warranty to go, which includes the battery.

It was an excellent car for me, never missed a beat over the three years I had it from new. Full service history, almost a year's MOT and last serviced a few weeks ago.

And it's that gorgeous metallic Ocean Blue which just glows in the sunshine !

I was sorry to see it go but I decided to order a new upgraded model on a new lease. But this could be your golden opportunity to get onboard the Hybrid ladder ! Check it out.

P.S. Although the spec. shown on the dealers page only mentions Android Auto, this car does also support Apple Car Play because I had it added after delivery by a software update a year later. So it will support your iPhone and Siri will obey your every command !

Adnic81

Post by Adnic81 »

Hello

I can say that I have seen this car. I am on the lookout for a PHEV Niro (I think) and saw this while looking at the dealers. Wayne at Bletchley is very helpful and not like a car sales man at all.

Adam
MarkTM

Post by MarkTM »

Am a little confused why you would lease a car if only doing 15k miles over 3yrs??

The only cars I know that come on the market with such low mileage would be those supplied under the motability scheme.

I currently have a Toyota C-HR on 3yr lease which I got at a VERY reasonable rate as the car had just been launched (Feb 17) I'd buy it at the end (Feb 2020) but the dealer wants silly money, encouraged to lease when I did as road tax increased from zero to £140 in April 2017

So I've decided to buy a Niro first edition, it has all of the mod cons I want, especially heated steering wheel/seats, leather and ventilated front seats and a sunroof. plus will have 4yrs warranty remaining

Ideally looking for a 17 plate so registered in March 17, but no doubt by the end of Feb the market will be flooded with returned motability cars and the prices may drop?
HaxbyPete

Post by HaxbyPete »

The reason I went for Leasing (Contract Hire) three years ago is simply this. Nothing to do with mileage - everything to do with money !

When I first saw the Niro, brand new to the market in 2016 and a very exciting hybrid car, the Ocean Blue one on the dealers showroom floor was a First Edition with all the bells and whistles. It also had a price tag over £27,500 which I knew I could never afford to buy. Until my salesman told that there are other 'ways and means'.

He explained Leasing/Contract Hire to me as a "payment for use of ...." you don 't buy or own the car - you simply pay to use it.

For over 30 years I had been buying cars (I guess that I had 23 cars up to that date) and every one had lost me a fortune in 'depreciation'. As soon as you take a new car out of the showroom, or off the forecourt, it's value drops like a stone - cars are a depreciating asset - so why would you put your capital money into something that loses you money ?

It took a complete rethink for me, and my wife, about acquiring and running cars. But in the end we saw that the 'easy in - easy out' process of leasing left us with access to a car that we could not otherwise afford to 'own' and meanwhile we would keep the capital sum that may be required for other purposes available to us - not tied up in a car on our driveway !

So three years ago we paid less than a Grand deposit and took the Niro HEV on a three year 6,000 miles per year lease at £276 per month. This included all servicing, MOT, tyres and road taxes. All we had to do was insure it each year.

At the end of the three year lease I simply ordered another one (I liked the first one so much) in the new upgraded model, handed the old car back, paid a new deposit of around a Grand and started again for a further three years at the same mileage per year.

Meanwhile, the almost 30 Grand that the new car would have cost is in my bank or doing something else more important than losing money on my driveway !

I didn't want to go into a personal hire purchase scheme as that would mean a larger deposit up front and a back-end baloon payment to own the car.

I don't want to own the car - I just want to use it !

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post