ipod connectivity Niro 2 self charge

All Kia Niro related discussions
Lastofthetimelordz

Post by Lastofthetimelordz »

Hi guys
just ordered niro 2 self charge, being built in January 2022 does anyone know if a 6th gen ipod will work through the infotainment system using a combined usb aux cable, does it have to be a kia specific cable if it does work or will any cable do the job? I want to use the centre usb for my phone android auto
thanks in advance
david

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

My 2017 car had an AUX port next to the centre USB, my 2021 car doesn't. No mention of it in manuals, unless someone knows otherwise.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
Deleted User 1053

Post by Deleted User 1053 »

The USB in the middle is for iPhone/iPad, read your handbook, for my MY20 Niro it's in chapter 5 "Audio System" ...
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

I think our friend is asking about connecting an ipod, not an iphone/ipad, via the AUX socket.
Deleted User 1053

Depends on the connection the iPod has. If the iPod does not have an active USB, then it might be only via an adapter cable iPod(AUX?)->USB, I saw in internet some connection cables ...
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

So you know that the new Niro has an AUX socket, and where it is? Please enlighten us.
Deleted User 1053

No, I mentioned the adapter cable iPod -> USB, I saw that these cables exist, b ut I don't know the connection type of the iPod ....
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

So, David, have we sorted your problem?
Lastofthetimelordz

Post by Lastofthetimelordz »

not really my car is on order the dealer says huge delays and car wont be built until January with delivery sometime in March, brochures on line show an aux input next to centre usb this is the only usb to connect to the infotainment I believe, so I intend to use this one for my phone and android auto, Ive just discovered that you can get old Ipod converted to bluetooth so if there is no aux input that's a route I can explore

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post