Pre-heating via app

Kia e-Niro which offers an all-electric, zero-emissions powertrain
Jerrymjj

Post by Jerrymjj »

My pre-heating just doesn't work. If I remotely instruct the car to pre-heat via the Kia Connect app, it appears to work except there is no heat... the fan blows, the steering wheel warms up but nothing else happens. When I remotely instruct it to pre-heat I get a message display in the "Status" section that the target temperature is 17degrees, having set it to about 24. I cannot alter that figure of 17, it seems just a report rather than a control.

The pre-heating has worked on occasions but at this bitterly cold time of year, I'd like it work all the time!

Any thoughts or advice?

Many thanks.

Jerrymjj

Post by Jerrymjj »

I have discovered that if the car is actually charging, (Fast charge on a Zappi 2) then the interior warms up though only, I suspect, to 17 degrees. Better than nothing I suppose...
Jerrymjj

Post by Jerrymjj »

Have now discovered that it works on my profile as it should, but not on my wife's! Any thoughts?
Jerrymjj

Post by Jerrymjj »

Clearly having a conversation with myself here... I have now discovered definitively that the problem is with our electricity supplier, Octopus Energy. I cannot understand for one second how that can be but apparently they are working on it. Hope this helps anyone else suffering from same problem.
Fishmanos

Post by Fishmanos »

Did you manage to solve this mistery? I am not sure but might be experiencing same and I am also with Octopus...