Niro dead when going to unlock it.

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
maisiejane

Post by maisiejane »

I have had my Kia Niro Hybrid from new Dec 2021.
February 2022 I came to unlock the car and couldn’t with the key fob. Had to unlock with actual key. Once in vehicle tried to start it but it was totally dead so had to press 12v battery reset button. It came to life but had lost all my memory which is annoying as I use my odometer for work.
This has happened 5 times now, totally random. The garage have had it for a few days, checked it out, found no fault and obviously being random it didn’t happen. Last time it happened they stripped the dash to see if a loose wire, found nothing.

Has anyone else had this annoying problem?

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Yes, but only once to date. Same as you, but memory wasn't wiped so perhaps my 12v battery wasn't totally dead. Once I set off driving, the car warned me that the tailgate wasn't fully closed, so I put it down to the interior light being on overnight. Mind you, surprised a little LED light could drain the battery so much (if indeed that was the cause). Clean bill of health at first service.
I've heard about dashcams with parking mode set can be a constant drain on battery.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
maisiejane

Post by maisiejane »

Thanks for your reply with your experience. Mine happens during the day only leaving it for 1/2 hour. Will see if anyone else has had same problems
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Are you using the UVO app? If so, does it show the battery as green after a status check?
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post