eNiro Reversing beep

Kia e-Niro which offers an all-electric, zero-emissions powertrain
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

i am getting unhappy comments (not exactly complaints, yet!!) from the neighbours in mu=y close, about the excessive noise of my eNiro's reversing beep. I haven't heard any other EV beep on reverse. What is it with Kia's obsession with beeps and bongs? Chimes on start up, bongs on switch -off , etc etc.
Does any one know how to disable this annoying feature? preferably not permanently, as i don't want any problems when I P/X it in the distant future.
Perhaps a fuse that can be pulled, Or cancelled using an OBD?
any sensible ideas appreciated.
Thanks.
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

There has been a lot of discussion about this on another forum (Kia Owners Club), and no solutions offered; apparently its a case of "put up with it: both you and your neighbours!". For what its worth, Kia seem to have heard the complaints, because the new Niro (like mine) has a very much more discreet reversing bleep... its almost inaudible inside the car - though I do wear hearing aids!
23 plate Niro 4 Plug-in Hybrid in Steel Grey
Also on my drive: 2015 Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSi "Elegance" DSG in Cappuccino Beige.
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Thanks,
I am rapidly coming to that conclusion.
Obviously the answer is not 42!
cheers,
Marvin, ;)
(Very depressed!)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

I have the same problem and browsed lots of NIro forums in a number of countries to see if anyone had solved the problem. The only solution I found was a member of the USA Niro Forum posted a way to do it.

The dashboard dismantling and wiring mods that are required are way above my bravery and skill set

https://www.kianiroforum.com/threads/20 ... post-90678
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Yes. I saw that as well and there is NO WAY I am gong to start hacking into the electrics on such a complicated car.
I have emailed my dealer asking if there is anything they can do and in the usual HENDY inefficient fashion, they haven't bothered to answer.
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post